The Association for Faculty Women’s Outstanding Graduate Student Awards recognize exceptional performance in academics, teaching and mentoring, and service and outreach, as well as leadership qualities and professional potential. A full description of the awards is here: https://afw.wsu.edu/awards/outstanding-students-in-graduate-studies/ while a full description of award winners is here: https://afw.wsu.edu/awards/outstanding-students-in-graduate-studies/previous-recipients/. Congratulations to this year’s awardees!
The Harriett B. Rigas Award: Xinyue Dong, Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. Nominator and Advisor: Zhenjia Wang.
AFW Founders’ Award: Ashley Quast, Fine Arts, College of Arts and Sciences. Nominator: Squeak Meisel. Advisor: Reza Safavi.
AFW Founders’ Award: Julian Ankney, English, College of Arts and Sciences. Nominator and Advisor: Debbie Lee.
The Karen P. DePauw Leadership Award: Lindsay Lightner, Teaching and Learning, College of Education. Nominator: Judith Morrison. Advisor: Andy Cavagnetto.
The Karen P. DePauw Leadership Award: Shandeigh Berry, Nursing, College of Nursing. Nominator: Roschelle Fritz. Advisor: Gail O’Neal.
We appreciate the 2020 generous support of:
- Bryan Slinker, Provost and Executive Vice President
- Mel Netzhammer, Chancellor of the WSU Vancouver Campus
- Matthew Jockers, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences
- Bruce Pinkleton, Dean of the Edward Morrow College of Communication
- Robert H. Mealey, Dean of the College of Veterinary Medicine
- John Tomkowiak, Dean of the Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine
- Mike Trevisan, Dean of the College of Education
- Chris Keane, Vice President for Research